On the first postcard image above this street is called Cherrie St. In the 2nd non-postcard over-head image the street is called Cherry St. Either the photographer who took the picture was French or the street name was changed.
Present Day Photo.
Corner Dunn & Mill Sts.
Present Day Photo
Smith Building & K. P. Hall Mill Street
Present Day Photo
Lock & Williams Street
The large building you see in the distance in the first two images above is the Stearns & Foster factory.
Street Scene in 1901 Lock Street Williams St.
Jackson Street looking west
Telephone Poles No Telephone Poles
Jackson St. looking east Jackson and Taylor Sts.
Opera House / Bandstand Riverside Avenue
East Broadway Broadway Looking West Broadway
Thanks to S. Kabakoff
Main Avenue West Loveland East Kemper Road
Central Ave. & Main St. Central Avenue Looking North on Central Madison Rd. E. of Central
B. & O. Railroad Bridge
The 1st card above showing Central Ave. (Whetsel Ave.) & Main (Madison Rd.) is looking west along Madison Rd.
Modern Reproduction Main Street
of 1910 card
The building on the left side of the 2nd card above was built by the Milford Masonic Lodge in 1846 and was used by them until 1848. It was used As the home to the Milford National Bank, the Citizens National Bank, Stumph's Pharmacy, Johnson Pharmacy, Gatch Insurance Agency, the Korner Barber Shop. It was known as the J. B. Iuen Building from 1888 until 1915. The Milford Seminary was on the 2nd floor with Iuen's store on the 1st floor.
Looking West down Main Main Street
The 2nd card above shows the Johnston drugstore and Krogers on the left and The savings and loan and hardware store on the right. The 3rd RPPC shows a much earlier view of the middle card.
2 version of same
North From 1st North From 2nd Real Photo Looking S. in 1886
All four cards Main Street
2nd St. East of Main Prominent Business Corner
Both cards are of the same corner
North on State St. West on Cooper Ave.
Hamilton & Chase Knowlton's Corner Hamilton & Spring Grove
The first card above shows the Domhoff Buildings at 4203-4210 Hamilton Ave. and 1604-1614 Chase Ave. that were built in 1893. The complex includes 17 apartments and 5 retail spaces. They were added to the National Historic Register in 1980. The nest non-postcard image shows what the building looks like today. The nest two cards above show the Kroger Grocery store and the open air markets behind it. To the right is the Fisk Monument Co. and the office of Judge William Howard Taft, dean of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. The center building was known as the Knowlton Stone Blockhouse that was built in the late 1840s and lasted until the 1937 flood destroyed it. It was replaced by a Checkers Store and is now home to Capazollo Printing. The center structure in the last card above shows Bristles Pharmacy that was constructed in 1851 as Dodsworth Hall. Bristles operated from 1877 to 1928.
Taylor's Business Block
FOR MORE SUBURBAN STREETS